The intention is that this will just be a short post with a quick view of what I’ve managed to get finished for the Armoured April community painting challenge. To my surprise (rather than to my credit) I have actually finished more than I thought I would!
OK, the picture above was where I’d got to around the middle of the month, with 14 assorted tanks in their basecoats. And now . . .
Those of you that guessed that my wife’s hidden half of them unless I help with some of the housework chores have guessed wrong! These are the ones that have failed to make any progress! In fact, if you look closely enough, you’ll spot that one new incomplete vehicle has been added to the bunch (the German Panzerjäger 1 tank destroyer at top left). The ones not shown above have actually been finished, varnish included . . .
So, seven tanks finished; they are (back row, left to right) a Panzer IV, a Panzer III, an SU-76 (technically a self-propelled gun rather than a tank), and an A9 cruiser; in the front row, we’ve got a Panzer I (on the left) and then two T-18s. Those in grey are German vehicles, those in dark olive green are Russian, whilst the camouflaged A9 is British. They are all the same 1:72 scale – the tanks in the front row are all two-man light tanks and significantly smaller than the others!
Close up above shows the German tanks, followed by the others below.
I’m hopefully going to feature all of these in more detail in the future with some better pictures, but for now I just wanted to get my Armoured April entry blog posted. Getting this many vehicles done in (what is for me) such a short time is good going, but I think Azazel is due a fair share of the credit for that for setting the challenge in the first place. Now I just need to wait for the next Neglected Model monthly challenge to finish the rest off!